Islamic law came to take into account the interests of people in religion and this world, and the interest of the individual and the group, as well as taking into account the interest of the individual within the framework of the group and the interest of the group with other groups, and the rules of Islamic jurisprudence were to urge to bring interests and abolish corruption. From this point of view, the scholars of Islam, ancient and modern, have contributed in the fields of public life, especially in the field of legal politics, endoscopically and visually..
The legal politics as defined by Ibn Aqil al-Hanbali is: “The action with which people are closer to right and farther from corruption, even if the Messenger, PBUH, did not legislate it and no revelation came about.”
Dozens of books that have been classified in this field have come to light, but a large part of them did not receive their due in terms of arrangement, refinement, collection and approximation. From this point of view, we decided in (Strategic Thought Center for Studies) to work in collecting these books that focused on this subject, from the beginning of authorship in this field to the end of the tenth century AH, starting from contemporary political issues, searching for them in the books of legitimate politics, with arrangement, refinement and compiling them in a single encyclopedia without interpretation or analysis, so that Arab readers and researchers can return to it in an easier way, and benefit from it without any trouble, and to be a primary point for returning to heritage, arranging and refining it, leaving to other researchers the tasks of interpretation, analysis and investigation..
Encyclopedia of Islamic political jurisprudence
- Legitimate politics derive its importance from the significance of the Islamic heritage itself, which lies in establishing the foundations of the renaissance and civilization aspired by the Ummah. Therefore, collecting this heritage and bringing it closer to researchers is a kind of service of this science..
- Strengthening the Islamic identity and linking the contemporary generation with its heritage, which, with the eternal revelation, leads to the preservation of the ummah’s entity, warding off corruption, and realizing interests, with the least effort and cost..
- It is noticeable that Islamic political jurisprudence was not composed in one way or in one stage, and that is why the authors who dealt with this science and the method of authorship differed in their methodology, and from this point of view comes the importance of collecting it according to one methodology, and in one encyclopedia..
- Connecting the new generation to the political heritage of their ummah, and trying to integrate legitimate politics into the chapters of political thought and political philosophy, and drawing attention to the knowledge produced by the Islamic mind in that period that can be referenced and benefited from..
- Presenting the Islamic political heritage of the ummah collected in one encyclopedia, according to an objective arrangement and classification that is easy to access..
- Facilitating the way to the researchers, academics and intellectuals to view, evaluate and start from their heritage.
The encyclopedia is in two versions: –
The first version: the paper version, and it includes the research prepared by the researchers..
The second version: the electronic version, and it consists of three sections::
The first section – Research: it is the research prepared by researchers working in the encyclopedia..
The second section is the texts: it includes the texts quoted from the heritage sources, and they are collected and classified in a special section, and the link between them and the research is electronic via (hypertext).
The third section – The Library: it includes all the literature and works that were written in the Islamic Political Jurisprudence section..
Project organizational structure
First: the general supervisor of the project..
Second: the advisory board..
Third: the Scientific Committee..
Fourth: the Executive Committee..
Fifth: the researchers..
First: the general supervisor
He is the supervisor of the scientific, administrative and financial progress of the project.
- Approval of the executive plans and guidance thereon.
- Approving the budget and monitoring its implementation.
- Appointment of the executive committee and the research team.
- Nominating the head and members of the advisory board and the scientific committee.
- Ratification of agreements and contracts concluded with the authorities concerned with the completion of the encyclopedia (based on the recommendation of the Executive Director, and the consultation of the Scientific Committee)..
Second: the advisory board.
It is a scientific board that adopts scientific standards in its work and decisions.
- The advisory board shall consist of nine members; a chairman, a secretary and five members, in addition to the general supervisor and the executive director.
- The head of the advisory board is nominated by a decision from the general supervisor.
- The secretary is chosen from among the members of the advisory board.
- Adopting the final version of the encyclopedia at each stage of its completion.
- Approving the encyclopedia materials.
- Adopting the topics and structures of the encyclopedia according to the stages of its completion.
- Deciding upon the scientific issues raised by the Scientific Committee, and issuing decisions in this regard..
- Determining the time period for completing the encyclopedia and publishing it electronically and on paper.
D- Responsibilities of the head of the advisory board:
The Chairman of the Advisory Board performs the following duties:
- Following up of the work and tasks of the advisory board.
- Supervising the management of the Authority’s Affairs.
- Presiding over the commission’s meetings.
- Adopting the commission’s agenda.
E – Functions of the Secretary of the Commission:
- Setting the Authority’s Agenda
- Preparing the reports of the commission’s meetings.
- Drafting the Commission’s decisions.
- Keeping documents and papers.
F- Conditions of the members of the advisory board
- Each of them should be an academic; PhD and above, in the same field; legal politics or political science..
- To have published books in this field.
- It is preferable to have political contributions at the level of the state or political entities (political practitioner).
G- Criteria for forming the advisory board:
- Geographical diversity in the Islamic world; The Levant, The Maghreb, Europe and East Asia.
- The balanced distribution between political science, legitimate politics and political practice, including the various competencies and their areas of specialization..
- Taking into account intellectual and sectarian diversity.
Third: The Scientific Committee.
It is the committee that is entrusted with the process of arbitration, evaluation, review and examination of the validity of information, soundness of logic and following the scientific method .
It consists of a competent academic team, selected as required by a decision of the general supervisor, after consulting the advisory board..
C- Conditions of Committee Members:
- The member should be an academic; PhD and above.
- He should be specialized in: political thought, legitimate politics, jurisprudence, thought and doctrines, Arabic language, political science, political systems, rights and law, economics, or institutional management..
- He should have supervised scientific theses and research in his field.
D- Functions of the Scientific Committee:
Supervising and arbitrating research in accordance with approved scientific and methodological standards.
E- Duties of the Scientific Committee:
- Reviewing and evaluating ready-made research, modifying it and making comments about it.
- Acceptance or rejection of researches.
- Periodic supervision of the completed research and commenting on it according to the plan.
- Attending workshops and meetings with the advisory board and the executive committee.
Fourth: The Executive Committee.
It is the team in charge of implementing the encyclopedia project and bringing it to light, according to the plans approved by the general supervisor..
The Executive Committee is made up of the CEO as chairman, and the administrative work team..
- Implementation of the project according to the plan approved by the Scientific Committee.
- Determining the scientific issues that should be presented to the scientific committee.
- Suggesting new experts and researchers to work for the encyclopedia.
- Suggesting amendments to the plan or the stages, and presenting them to the scientific committee..
- Submitting a periodic report to the General Supervisor of what has been accomplished according to the agreed mechanism.
- Submitting a periodic report to the advisory board on what has been accomplished.
- Following up of the research team’s work.
- Following up of the work of the Scientific Committee.
- Preparing the project budget and submitting it to the general supervisor for approval.
D- Duties of the Executive Committee Chairman:
- Managing the executive board and chairing its meetings.
- Supervising the progress of the research process, following up on the advisory board, research materials, and the publishing process..
- Coordinating between the advisory board and the scientific committee to solve urgent problems.
- Communicating with the scientific committee, advisory board, and researchers..
- Inviting members of the Scientific Committee to attend the meetings.
- Signing contracts with all employees of the encyclopedia.
Fifth: The researchers.
They are the team that will write the research required of them according to the research methodology.
A group of academic researchers interested in Islamic political jurisprudence.
- He must have a bachelor’s degree or higher in one of the human sciences.
- To be specialized or interested in (legitimate politics – or ideas and doctrines – or political science and international relations – or political sociology, or law, or economics, or human rights)..
- Full knowledge of the Arabic language.
- To have published refereed research contributions.
- He should have at least three years of experience in research work.
- To be objective and methodical in dealing with research issues.
- To adhere to the editorial methodology of the Encyclopedia of Islamic Political Jurisprudence.
- Pass the oral personal interview.
D- Tasks of the researchers:
- Preparing research papers on the required topics in a modern language.
- Searching for sources related to specific topics.
- Submitting topics on a monthly basis, and keeping them in the electronic system..
- Compiling the texts that were referred to or benefiting from them in the research process and submitting them separately from the research in order to be accommodated in the relevant section electronically.
- Committing to the regulations, curricula and mechanisms used in research and approved by the Scientific Committee.
They are the topics that are determined by the Scientific Committee, in order to research them, according to the system adopted and followed in the encyclopedia, and categorize them within the main entries..
It consists of different topics classified alphabetically, and provides a general and brief idea about the topic..
It is an electronic program for managing encyclopedia research electronically, which facilitates the work mechanism for researchers, advisory board and management, through technical control of research, follow-up of the work mechanism of researchers and advisory board, submitting periodic reports to the encyclopedia management, storing and archiving ready-made research, conducting the linking process between different materials and the possibility of referral to it within the electronic version that is adopted at the end of the research, so that it can be added to it in the future when a new discovery in this field is discovered or if various issues and topics are realized..
The program consists of four main sections, which are as follow::
- Reporting and archiving.